The Triton is a high performance sporty sea kayak for paddlers who want a fast, seaworthy double kayak. Suitable for medium to large paddlers. The kayak is fast and manoeuvrable as it is based on the Explorer, and is ideal for weekend and week long trips.
The Triton is suitable for the intermediate to advanced paddlers, but if you have one very competent and experienced paddler in the rear cockpit, then having a beginner in the front is not a problem. The Triton lends itself well to photography and filming, with the paddler in the rear cockpit keeping control and manoeuvring the kayak into position whilst the front paddler can take pictures and film with confidence.
In 2010 the design of the Triton was slightly modified to take out the recess for the parachute flares in front of the rear cockpit. This has given significantly more storage space in front of the rear paddler’s feet, capable of taking a 22 litre dry bag. The size and fit of the front cockpit is the same as on the standard Explorer but the Triton’s rear cockpit has knee pods, as seen on the Explorer HV.
- fitted with the High performance glass seat, unless otherwise requested
- retractable skeg is a standard feature, but a rudder can be fitted as an optional extra
- four fibreglass bulkheads, 2 hatches (front and rear) and an extra 7.5″ (30 cm) day hatch situated behind the stern paddler
- standard keyhole cockpits provide good control and enable easy entry and exit
- can be Eskimo rolled very easily
- rescuing is relatively easy as all water in the cockpits will empty quickly when the bow of the kayak is lifted.
A day/weekend kayak for the medium to large sized paddlers, length: 673 cm, width: 57 cm, depth: 34 cm, overall volume: 476.5 litres, front hatch volume: 73 litres, cockpit volume: 147 litres, day hatch volume: 37.5 litres, rear hatch volume: 56 litres.